With the cold temps I am drawn towards making soup. We often tend to make a big pot of some kind of homemade soup in the slow cooker on the weekends, but I also like making home made soup for a week night dinner without having to cook it for hours!
This soup I am going to share is SUPER easy, like really easy, and doesn’t take much time to prepare at all but still gives a warm, comforting feeling after a cold day!
I introduce to you, Fiesta Soup!
- 1 box of beef broth
- 1 can of re-fried beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can of black beans, with juice (19 oz)
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- Add can of re-fried beans into large pot.
- Pour in box of broth and using a whisk, mix together until no clumps.
- Add tomatoes, beans, salsa and corn into the pot. Stir.
- Cook on medium heat until it reaches a boil.
- Simmer on low for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use kidney beans over black beans if you wish.
- If you want to add a little spice, use a hotter salsa! I tend to use a mild, chunky salsa myself.
- You can add 1lb of scrambled ground beef if you would like!
- Add in as many veggies as you'd like.
- We tend to have about 4-6 bowls and then freeze the rest to pull out for lunch or dinner. Freezes great!