I prefer to eat soup in the winter to eating it during the summer. Most of you are likely with me on that, as we need something to warm us up in the winter and cooler, fresher items in the summer! However, I find I often get stuck on making a similar broth based soup recipe, and was looking for something to spice things up a little bit and found this soup recipe and with a few swaps on ingredients came up with one that both my family and I truly enjoy!!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2.5 tbsp paprika (can use less if you don’t want it as spicy/smoky)
- 2 cups of 2%milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1.5 cups of frozen corn
- 1/2lb of cooked, peeled and de-tailed shrimp (not frozen)
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery, cook until softened – about 5-7 minutes.
- Add flour and paprika, stir and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Remove pot from heat and add the milk, whisking until smooth.
- Add butter and stir until melted and combined.
- Add in salt to taste, corn and shrimp, stirring to combine.
- Heat until all warmed through and at desired temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe makes 4 – 1 cup servings.
** If on Weight Watchers, this is approximately 6 points for 1 cup!
If you try it out, do let me know what you think of this soup recipe! Of course, if you are a not a shrimp lover, I bet you could try with chicken instead and it be just as good!! Got a soup recipe you love, link or add it in the comments below! : )